Friday 28 August 2015

Why I Became a Manual Osteopath

What is Manual Osteopathy?

Osteopathy is drug-free, non-invasive manual medicine which focuses on the body's innate abilities to heal itself and is the identification and treatment of true, underlying causes of diseases. The relationship between organs and the musculoskeletal system is the core of osteopathy. Through manipulation and massage of the bones, muscles and joints osteopathy is able to treat medical disorders and illnesses. Manual osteopaths are able to identify any stress restriction or weakened physical elements of the body through manual contact. 

When I was in middle school I really liked biology. Then it became astronomy, with its enchanting mystery about cosmos and the universe. As I grew older my interests shifted to human life and a question arose in my mind: Who am I and what is the purpose of my life? Soon after I began wondering about the causes of sicknesses and diseases and how to prevent or treat them.
In my adult years I forgot many of my questions and desires except one. I still wondered who I was and what my purpose was on this planet.

I saw many people around me who were searching for miraculous pills to get better, slimmer, younger and healthier. I did not believe in pills as a method of solving health problems, only as a temporary relief. But if pills weren’t the answer, something else had to exist.

I turned to science for answers, but conventional medicine did not answer any of my questions. That’s when I found out about energy medicine. It explained the connections of all the layers of the human body, including both visible and non-visible parts in a self-healing process, such as the emotions, the mind and the spiritual aspect. It was through reading about the evolution of body-mind medicine that I discovered that the body has self-healing powers.

My curiosity and fascination led me to become interested in the language of the body and how it speaks to us through disease and emotional imbalances. Thus, I discovered manual osteopathy and how it can be used to restore health to a damaged body. This was the opportunity I needed in order to truly understand the connection between all the modalities I’ve studied before.


I have a passion for working with people and helping them heal. Osteopathy is just one of the many ways I am able to do so, and I find studying it fascinating.  

I now have the Diploma of Osteopathy Manual Practitioner (DOMP) and I am more than happy to provide my services. 
Please feel free to contact me at manualosteopath1@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment